refCareer - A single click to your next dream referral #christmashackathon
refCareer is a web tool/platform to get referred to big tech and big startups.
(Started building this on 25th December) This product got into the top 15 products on Tuesday (29th Dec) and also a top product on SteemHunt. Currently, this product has over 300+ upvotes without any previous existence as a product and also without any launch with any hunter
I didn't expect it to do this good as I started to build it as my utility tool. I just decided it launch in the morning (29th Dec IST). It was a very random launch without any predecided strategy.
Tech Stack : VueJS, TailwindCSS, CSS, MongoDB, Firebase( for auth and analytics).
Why did it blow up?
- Maybe due to COVID19
- Due to more search for jobs in India (The product had over 1000+ hits on the day of launch)
How this works:-
- Either an employee approaches me to list his referral or it is picked from Linkedin Open Referral posts (as they are really scattered).
- The person seeking job signs in and can see all the referral email ids and has to submit a resume over the mail.
- Currently I am not monitoring the mail but this is the very next step for the product!
Recently employed features are
- Searching based on Regex
- Signing in for the portal
- Get more company employee on board (Currently 1)
- A ML algorithm to correctly suggest the perfect job for the user. (Very Ambitious but will try to finish it)
- Shift from MongoDB to Firebase!
Website - Link to the Website RefCareer
Product Hunt Launch - Launch Page
Some product Snapshots:-
Hope you liked it! I Will keep making such small utility tools!